The Guard Tower itself is manufactured with four separate wall units that allow for quick and easy assembly on top of the standard Conex Box. Once placed on the Conex Box the Guard Tower will be approximately 16 feet in the air, giving the guards a greater view of the perimeter or area of threat. Once in position, the walls are filled from the top using sand as ballast. The sand filled walls provide the guards inside with 360 degrees of protection from 9mm, 5.56, and 7.62 threats. 12″ dumps are provided for easy removal of the ballast allowing the Guard Tower to be repositioned as needed.
The overhead cover is 3/4″ plywood on which lights, sensors, and antennae can be installed if desired. Access to the cover can be reached through a hatch type door that is pre-installed for convenience. The PSP Guard Tower eliminates the time and the mess associated with using sandbags. This product is a recoverable asset that can be broken down and deployed inside the Conex Box.
We offer 3 different options for accessing the Guard Tower:
- Ladder only – Ladder attached on non-threat side of Guard Tower. When accessing the Guard Tower, you will climb to the top of the ladder and crawl over the top. (Shown in photo below)
- Ladder with Walk Through – Ladder attached on non-threat side of Guard Tower on one side of Walk Through opening in wall. When accessing the Guard Tower, you will climb most of the way up the ladder and step into the Guard Tower through the opening in the one side wall. Note, the Walk Through is typically in the long wall, but can be ordered in short wall if required. (Shown in photo below)
- Stairs with Walk Through – Stairs are attached on non-threat side of Guard Tower to the Walk Though opening in the wall. When accessing the Guard Tower, you will walk up the stairs and step into the Guard Tower through the opening in the one side wall. Note, the Walk Through is typically in the long wall, but can be ordered in short wall if required. (Shown in photo below)
Option 1 – Ladder only Option 2 – Ladder/Walkthru Option 3 – Stairs/Walkthru
All parts and tools needed for assembly are included in the kit bag. Stakes are also provided for the Concertina Wire installation. The standard colors for the Portable Guard Tower are Olive Drab or Desert Tan; however, all colors are available upon request.
There is also an optional wind/rain/visibility Shield available in Olive Drab and Desert Tan. It attaches with Velcro.
The Portable Guard Tower can be ordered in various configurations as listed below:
- Guard Tower only – Can be placed on the ground or on top of a TriCon Container that you supply. Will be shipped on skid.
- Guard Tower with TriCon Container – Guard Tower will be shipped inside TriCon Container with all tools for installation.
- Complete Guard Tower with TriCon Container – Guard Tower will be shipped inside TriCon Container with all tools for installation, razor wire and wire installation kit. The Wire Installation Kit includes a Fence Driver, 25 5-foot stakes, and 25 7-foot stakes.
|Part No.||Item||Color||Size||Weight||GSA No.|
|9672OD-GT||Guard Tower||Olive Drab||W 4′ x H 8′ x L 8′||1800 lbs.||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672DT-GT||Guard Tower||Desert Tan||W 4′ x H 8′ x L 8′||1800 lbs.||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672OD-GTCB||Guard Tower w/TriCon Container||Olive Drab||W 8′ x H 8′ x L 6′ 5.5″||4400 lbs.||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672DT-GTCB||Guard Tower w/TriCon Container||Desert Tan||W 8′ x H 8′ x L 6′ 5.5″||4400 lbs.||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672OD||Complete Guard Tower Unit||Olive Drab||W 8′ x H 8′ x L 6′ 5.5″||5000 lbs.||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672DT||Complete Guard Tower Unit||Desert Tan||W 8′ x H 8′ x L 6′ 5.5″||5000lbs||GS-07F-9503S|
|9672OD-CV||Wind/rain/visibility Shield||Olive Drab|
|9672DT-CV||Wind/rain/visibility Shield||Desert Tan|
|9672WTL||Walkthrough with Ladder|
|9672WTS||Walkthrough with Stairs|
|9672-WRK||Wood Replacement Kit|
|9672-CWK||Concertina Wire Kit|